Sunday, February 28, 2010

Cooking for One

Do you ever just NOT feel like cooking when boyfriend or hubby is away? Something about cooking alone is depressing to me. So with C gone all week I have a feeling I'm going to be reaching for the quick, convenient stuff. Not too good for my waistline or wallet! I'm thinking Cosi for dinner tonight. I usually prefer Panera but Cosi is right up the road from us so I will just have to settle.

I could always just grab some quick stuff from the grocery store that doesn't require much prep. I'm thinking frozen pizza and other wonderfully healthy and preservative-filled items. Oh well, it's spring break!!!! DANGEROUS line of reasoning.

Side note: I may go out and purchase a can of paint and some rollers this week so I can FINALLY attack either our study or our living room walls. Our entire apartment is a disgustingly boring off-white color, and I just can't take it anymore. Wouldn't it be nice to surprise C on his return with some lovely color on the walls? Ah, I must be feeling ambitious. I'm thinking a DIY project is just what I need though to pull me out of this funk! We shall see....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Post pics of the new paint job if you decide to do it!

Cooking for one can be a pain, but you do get alot of leftovers!