Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Valentine's Day Plans?

So what does everyone have planned for the big day? <3 And it IS a big day, at least in my book! I love everything about Valentine's Day and I'm so excited that it's on a Saturday this year. C's parents will be in Providence on 13th to take us to dinner for our last parents weekend, so we were trying to think of something cute we could do on Valentine's Day without doing two dinners out in a row. His idea is to make dinner at home and have a bottle of wine and just relax together. SOUNDS PERFECT TO ME, as long as all my roommates are not around of course. College!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think we are just doing dinner this year... we are also both students (aka, BROKE) so we've agreed nothing big. Instead of dinner you could always go out to brunch ? I am a brunch lover :) Mimosas= perfection!

Unknown said...

We also are probably just going to do dinner this year. I am a med student (way broke) and AK just bought a house (hello, extra expenses). So I'm probably going to surprise him with breakfast. I found my breakfast menu at epicurious.com - if you're thinking of making something, they have a valentines day menu planner, including lots of yummy looking dinners.

Melissa said...

We're gonna have a nice dinner out, no presents. Time together is the most important on a day like that!!

Unknown said...

Valentines Day is very special day for lovers... Dinner idea is really nice!!

LWLH said...

I'm not sure what were doing...the b.f. is planning so I guess I'll be suprised.

Anonymous said...

Ah, college: broke and no privacy... we've all been there! I can remember those days of just wishing the roomates could dissapear for a little bit :) Just spend time together, that is most important!

Aliya said...

I remember those days very well! I used to write for our college newspaper and every year I did a list of affordable V-day ideas! One thing that always seemed to be a hit was to pack a picnic.. I'm sure its freezing where you are, but you guys could always see if there is a drive-in movie theater, or maybe even a museum with an eating area where you can bring your own food and pack a yummy dinner! Ice skating was also always a fun one, or you guys could have a casual meal out and then go for a random drive and just talk -- no destination, no music, no time frame! :)

Sarah said...

I would say do something earlier in the day. Usually going out for lunch or breakfast is cheaper. Or if going out is out of your budget altogether you should try getting all of your roommates in on it. Have a V.day dinner for everyone where you all bring dates! Better to sit and have dinner with people you know and love than be part of a crowded restaurant scene where you know no one and find other couples annoying. Good luck! I know my plans are still up in the air as well.

Wedding Corner said...

Sun 15 is my fiancĂ©’s birthday and his friends want to celebrate it on Friday night.
So, the plans for now are… have some fun with friends on Fri night to celebrate his b-day. On V-day we decided to have an early dinner at home just the two of us (no gifts) and then, late that night we will stop by the city to see Esperanza Spalding playing. (Spalding is a jazz singer and will be touring in NYC that weekend). I am so excited!!
~ Lilian ~