Last night I made meat loaf and baked potatoes for dinner, and guess what? They came out SO yummy. I had never tried meat loaf until last night (I know!) because my mom and dad were more into introducing their kids to ethnic cuisine and tended to avoid the American staples. That won't be the case for me. Sure, I still want to learn how to make all the delicious Portuguese, Italian and Lebanese food I tried as a kid, but I love the idea of learning all the American comfort food recipes. Meat loaf, baked mac and cheese, shepherd's pie..all the good stuff!
I got the recipe
here, but improvised by adding a little red wine to the meat mixture which kept it nice and moist, and little worcestershire sauce spread over the top with the ketchup.
YUM!
Photo via Tammy'sRecipes.com
2 comments:
Mmmmm yummy! I love meatloaf, but hate how long it takes to cook through. I usually just end up making 3-4 mini meatloafs instead. I actually think I'll make some this week-your post made me hungry!
That sounds yummy! I've yet to make meatloaf myself. And technically, I think Shepherd's Pie is a British dish, not American, but close enough :)
Post a Comment