Sunday, November 22, 2009

New Moon Craze..Minus Me


I know many of you are into the Twilight series, and so are almost all of my friends. People I would never expect to be into it are reading these books and seeing the movies!

Well, I read the first 90 or so pages of Twilight and I thought it was just okay. I put it down and never opened it again. I know, I sound like a book snob but I'm really not. I swear! In middle school and into high school (when I was arguably too old to be reading it) I read the Harry Potter books and loved them. So why can't I get into Twilight?

I feel left out!!! Maybe after a little insight from all of you I will make it my winter break goal to give the series a second chance. Why do you love Twilight?

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

The first, third, and fourth book are great. The second book kind of sucks but you have to read it to get the rest of the series.

I wasn't so into the movie though. I haven't seen New Moon though.

Prissy Southern Prep said...

I am with you, I gave the first book a chance as well. But, I just can't get into it.

Megan said...

I made myself read all of them thinking it would get better. It never did.

I just don't get it.

Ashlee said...

I don't get it either. I read the first book after hearing from friends how amazing it was. I thought it was just plain silly. I caught myself laughing when other girls were probably swooning. I don't understand it, but I think it's great that the series is getting so many people back into reading. So, bravo to Twilight for that.

Laura @ The Steen Style said...

It is a very silly and laughable series but for some reason, it just swept me away!! The reading level is definitely elementary and the plot a little ridiculous, but it is a fun fairy-tale that I read very quickly not once, but twice. Yup, all four of them!! Twilight the movie was just okay. I saw New Moon yesterday and it was awesome!! I know it's not for everyone but I am a 26 year old Twi-hard!!

Unknown said...

I have not gotten into either. I do not know what all the hype is about!

JG said...

Okay, I will be the first to admit that it's not great literature - but no one claimed it was. And my reason for getting sucked in is pretty silly, but it's the truth.

Whenever I read books or watch movies or whatever, I always see myself as the "friend" character - actually, I'm usually the person behind the coffee counter who the main characters buy their lattes from and then we never see again. But when I read Twilight...it was the first time I really related to the main character. So much so, that I asked Hubs to read it and he wasn't halfway through the first chapter before he said, "Oh my gosh. It's you." So, yeah, that's basically it. I just think like Bella does, feel like she does about most things, and so it makes it a compelling read for me.

J said...

I don't love Twilight. After my almost 30 year old sister got into it, I decided to give it a chance.

I read a bit of it and could not stand the author's writing or style. It really made me want to shoot myself.

I did get forced to watch the 1st movie and found that just as annoying as the book.

Anonymous said...

I haven't read them--despite recommendations from many girlfriends. Not to be a total brat, but the overexposure to the series right now has just annoyed me to the level that I don't even want to read them. Maybe I'm a hater, but I'm just sick of hearing about it!

Anonymous said...

i read the first 90 pages as well, started laughing uncontrollably and decided to finish just the first book [i can't stop reading a book after i've started], and laughed the rest of the book long.

i felt the plot was missing a lot, and i just couldn't dig them. so you're not alone. :)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Birmingham City jersey
CARR JERSEY
Blackburn Rovers JERSEY
DUNN JERSEY
Chelsea JERSEY
BALLACK JERSEY
Hull City AFC JERSEY
ALTIDORE JERSEY
Liverpool JERSEY
GERRARD JERSEY
Manchester City JERSEY
BARRY JERSEY
Manchester United Jersey
ANDERSON JERSEY
Newcastle United Jersey
BUTT JERSEY
Sunderland AFC JERSEY
CANA JERSEY
Tottenham Hotspur jersey
CORLUKA JERSEY
West Ham United jersey
BOA MORTE JERSEY
Barcelona jersey
A. INIESTA JERSEY
Real Madrid jersey
ALONSO JERSEY
AC Milan JERSEY
AMBROSINI JERSEY
Inter Milan JERSEY
ETO JERSEY
Juventus JERSEY
CAMORANESISI JERSEY

SassyCassie said...

I absolutely loved the series. You have to make it all the way through the first book and get really caught up in the characters to appreciate the series. You should try to read it again!

Erin said...

I don't get it, eihter. I'll Netflix the movies, but that's probably where I draw the line. The books seem to be too much of a commitment without a good payoff :-)

Anonymous said...

Me neither. I'm just not into it, but going to a party before the movie anyway...I don't get the big deal!