Friday, November 6, 2009

The Bare Midriff



Am I the only one who is totally bothered by this new trend of cropped shirts? I remember when I was about 6 years old this was all the rage in the magazines, but is it seriously making a comeback now? It can't be. Do normal people wear things like this?

If you saw last week's episode of Curb Your Enthusiasm, then you understand my concern (mixed with amusement) with this trend. Ahh! I will be sticking with full-length shirts, at least for now ;)



Photo via WENN

18 comments:

carrie1 said...

Maybe if we all, ummm.... I don't know had a figure like Rhianna it could be pulled off... but lets face it there are only a handful of girls that could pull the midriff look off. (me not being one of them)

Blair @ Reasonably Swanky said...

Yes I don't like it either. What is going on with RiRi's style? Her hair is terrible. And the clothes dont even get me started...

Have a great weeekend!

Amanda Leigh said...

Hmmm... I thought this trend died when the good BSpears days did...

But I do have to say, maybe this trend will encourage me to work out my abs... it Did in the Britney days!

Anonymous said...

Unless you're a celebrity, I think NO.

Annemarie said...

No midriffs here either! I just don't think it is cute at all! Have a great weekend XOXO

gina said...

Half shirts were all the rage when I was in high school (87-91) and I wore them. Now, I have teenage daughters and cringe at the thought of them wanting to wear them- what goes around comes around, I guess.

Ambs said...

My friend and I were JUST talking about this! The trend recently has been long shirts and I (and my tummy) have gotten very comfortable with that - What gives?!?!

Erin said...

NO! Do you know how hard it was to find non-belly baring shirts when I was in high school & college, thanks to Britney? I'm totally into the LOOOONG shirt trend. Besides, it's freakin' November :-)

Sanna Haynes said...

I totally agree! Ps love your blog!

Sanna

Sanna Haynes said...

I totally agree! Ps love your blog!

Sanna

Shan @ Design Gal said...

i agree, but maybe that's just because i could never pull it off! haha!

your blog is awesome by the way!

prashant said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Kate said...

I hate it. Such a bad trend. I saw a girl the other day at a fancy restaurant with a cropped top. UGH.

Susan R said...

Oh my heck I was literally rolling on the floor watching that clip. I'm sorry, but I'm so going to copy it to my blog or FB or something (it's classic). And in answer to your question.....I sure hope that style is not making a come back, but if I had a body like Rihana (sp?)hmmmmm, no I still wouldn't wear it, but I'd be really happy that I could.
Love your blog
Susan

steph said...

That episode of Curb is hysterical.. and you couldn't be more right, cropped shirts should be outlawed!

Think Pink said...

Well, the last time it was popular, normal people actually did wear that. I'm for sure not gonna do it this time, even not in pink;)

prashant said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Stacey said...

i agree .... it was in style when i was 6 years old. .. im now 21 ... enough said!!

But then again with a toned tummy like that you'd wanna show it off!!

Follow my Blog
http://princessboo88.blogspot.com/

x <3 x