Today I put on a size 6 pair of pants that I used to SWIM in. Seriously, I used to rarely even wear them because they were so baggy. Well, today they wouldn't button. Absolute worst feeling ever.
To make my day worse, I got an e-mail from C (his cell phone doesn't make calls in Europe) about 40 minutes too late telling me to go online. By the time I checked my e-mail, he had gone offline so I couldn't video chat with him. Ugh. I just want him to come home now. I'm tired of this distance, it's really getting to me. Yes, yes I know, it's only a week. But it sucks! My feelings of loneliness are only exacerbated by the fact that all my friends are also not around this week. Have you ever been totally alone like this? God, I can't even imagine what it would be like to move to a new city not knowing ANYONE. I guess I'm kind of being a baby about the whole thing, but I've been pretty good about keeping it together all week. Now I just want my boyfriend back at home.
I woke up early(ish) to clean the apartment because C's mom is coming to visit tonight. We're going to an early dinner then coming back to my apartment to catch American Idol and all the other Thursday night shows. I guess she sensed how lonely I've been this week because she offered to come keep me company. Very sweet of her! Tomorrow we're heading to Ikea to look for ideas for our new kitchen. I cannot WAIT to replace the bland college-dorm looking kitchen we have right now. It has got to go!! Yuck.
That's all I have for now, I promise more cheery posts will be on the way once C & friends return from Spring Break. Once life goes back to normal! Let me just say one thing, I never thought in a million years I'd be looking forward to the end of my law school spring break. I must be crazy!
2 years ago








4 comments:
that's the law school 20 ;) seriously, i gained SO MUCH WEIGHT from being in law school. between the free lunches/dinners, sitting sedentary for long periods of time, and no time to get a good work-out in, it's a wonder how all law students are not 600 lbs.
i know the feeling of being lonely! i guess it's not exactly the same, but when my husband and i first moved to michigan for school, we didn't know anyone except each other. such a weird feeling.
only a little longer, right?
I moved to Nashville without knowing anybody- it's scary but it can be done. Grab a good book and relish the quiet times by yourself! I learned to love my own company (and that of my Westie of course)
Hang in there! R was out of town for a long weekend a few weeks ago and I missed him so much too-- it is weird! Don't worry, C will soon be back, before you know it!!
Law school 15. Been there, done that. I'd like to say once you are an associate, it all melts away ... for some? At least at that point, you can afford a personal trainer (not saying you need one, but just in case, I did!) Enjoy the rest of your break!
Post a Comment