Ok I'm opening this one up to all of my lovely readers. Yay or Nay on the Spanx? I've been on the fence. Is it a worthwhile purchase? Let me hear what you all think!
Hey Girl!, You should totally do spanx, I absolutely love them. I also get tights that spanx makes...they are the best!!!! XO Stop by my blog...I'm doing an Essie nail polish giveaway!!!
TO SPANX for sure! Spanx aren't a matter of weight or anything like that - they are about how clothes lay on your body. And sometimes Spanx make whatever item of clothing you are wearing fit even better - what's to lose?! I wear the "shorts" almost every day (I also like to tuck my tops into them to keep them put when I raise my arms/move around, etc). DEFINITELY go for it!
The lady who made spanx has a new line at target... you could try those and see what yout think before spending more on the real spanx... i think they are great especially for special occasions
I am not sold. Granted, I am already thin, so I thought I'd pick a pair up to minimize a little tummy roll and muffin top. But a HUGE caveat of these things is that they make clingy fabrics cling even worse. They are fine with jeans, although a few of my flowy tops will kind of stick to the Spanx and give the Spanx away, but under dresses they add a lot more friction and get "caught" so that they cause your outfit to bunch up, especially dresses. I'm sure they have their uses and work wonders for women who legitimately need them, ie after a baby, but for the average girl looking for just a little extra trimness, they might do more harm than good! At least that has been my case!
LOVE them!!! I actually wore mine this past weekend with my birthday dress. It was form fitting. Don't buy the ones from Target. They are made by Spanx, but if you buy the actual Spanx line, they have an opening for "mother nature", and you don't have to worry about taking them down and pulling them up and stuff while you're out and need to go to the bathroom. VERY convenient:)
Stumbled upon your blog and decided it would be negligent of me not to post.
Spanx is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.
Sarah Blakely does indeed make a brand for Target (also available at Ann Taylor and Ann Taylor Loft) called Assets. It is not nearly as good for shapewear, but is worth it for pantyhose. I used to only buy the 99cent stuff at CVS. I figured why bother with the good stuff if I'm only going to get a run in it after 2.9 seconds. I decided to splurge for some reason, and bought Assets pantyhose for an interview. It was awesome. I ran through a briar patch and there wasn't a single run in them. Just my 2 cents.
22 year old law student hailing from Massachusetts! Learning to count each and every blessing in my life. Loving everything pink, green and girly! Type A to the max. Just moved to the Main Line of Philadelphia with the love of my life. Want to know more about my life and love adventures? Follow me. xx
11 comments:
Hey Girl!,
You should totally do spanx, I absolutely love them. I also get tights that spanx makes...they are the best!!!!
XO
Stop by my blog...I'm doing an Essie nail polish giveaway!!!
TO SPANX for sure! Spanx aren't a matter of weight or anything like that - they are about how clothes lay on your body. And sometimes Spanx make whatever item of clothing you are wearing fit even better - what's to lose?! I wear the "shorts" almost every day (I also like to tuck my tops into them to keep them put when I raise my arms/move around, etc). DEFINITELY go for it!
The lady who made spanx has a new line at target... you could try those and see what yout think before spending more on the real spanx... i think they are great especially for special occasions
I am not sold. Granted, I am already thin, so I thought I'd pick a pair up to minimize a little tummy roll and muffin top. But a HUGE caveat of these things is that they make clingy fabrics cling even worse. They are fine with jeans, although a few of my flowy tops will kind of stick to the Spanx and give the Spanx away, but under dresses they add a lot more friction and get "caught" so that they cause your outfit to bunch up, especially dresses. I'm sure they have their uses and work wonders for women who legitimately need them, ie after a baby, but for the average girl looking for just a little extra trimness, they might do more harm than good! At least that has been my case!
I don't know how I lived before spanx. They make my clothes lay SO MUCH better!
yes yes yes. worth every penny!
Spanx are a gift from God! They are amazing and I don't leave the house in Sundays without them. They make my dresses look so much better.
I've never tried them but definitely would if I had a really form fitting dress. Can't hurt, right?
LOVE them!!! I actually wore mine this past weekend with my birthday dress. It was form fitting. Don't buy the ones from Target. They are made by Spanx, but if you buy the actual Spanx line, they have an opening for "mother nature", and you don't have to worry about taking them down and pulling them up and stuff while you're out and need to go to the bathroom. VERY convenient:)
Stumbled upon your blog and decided it would be negligent of me not to post.
Spanx is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.
Sarah Blakely does indeed make a brand for Target (also available at Ann Taylor and Ann Taylor Loft) called Assets. It is not nearly as good for shapewear, but is worth it for pantyhose. I used to only buy the 99cent stuff at CVS. I figured why bother with the good stuff if I'm only going to get a run in it after 2.9 seconds. I decided to splurge for some reason, and bought Assets pantyhose for an interview. It was awesome. I ran through a briar patch and there wasn't a single run in them. Just my 2 cents.
I'm 5'8" and 130lbs (hopefully 125 shortly!!) and I'm all about Spanx for an event or a nice night out.
Basically anytime I wear a dress, barring to the office, I wear spanx.
My boyf calls them my bike shorts, but ah well, a girls got to do!
Post a Comment