So last night my girlfriends and I went into Philadelphia for dinner at an AMAZING restaurant called Giorgio's. It was BYOB so naturally all five of us brought bottles of wine. One bottle per person = so dangerous! But so much fun :) The food was great and we had some fun girl time.
Unfortunately I, being the world's biggest scatterbrain, forgot my wallet and only realized it once we were almost at the restaurant. My friends spotted me for dinner but I couldn't join them going out to the bars afterwards. When will I grow out of this forgetfulness? I am such an airheads sometimes. So frustrating. But overall the night was fun and at least I got to enjoy our dinner. This morning I won't lie I am feeling seriously hungover. I drove C to work around 8 this morning and I've been here on the couch ever since. I didn't realize it until just now but a lazy Saturday is exactly what I have been needing in my life!
Waitressing has been going really well! I like working brunch a lot more than dinner. Mostly because brunch is only one course making my work easier, and people eat faster at brunch so I can turn tables more quickly. Turning tables equals more money for me! :)
Finals start in about a month. I am nowhere near as nervous as I was last semester. I feel like a seasoned vet after only one semester in law school. Everyone was so right when they told me law school gets easier as time goes by. You just get used to always being busy, always feeling overworked, and always running out of hours in the day to do everything you need to do. Sad but true.
Speaking of law-related stuff, I met an attorney on the train back from Philly last night. Mind you it was 11:30 at night, and the poor guy was just leaving work. Please God never let that be me. Anyway, Feeling brave after downing basically a bottle of wine to myself (yikes), I turned on my schmooze button full force and started asking a bunch of questions about how he likes being a lawyer, if he had any advice, etc. The whole time I kept wishfully thinking, maybe this will lead to a good connection. Low and behold he knows a young attorney (and recent Villanova grad) who frequently hires 1L and 2L interns, and he gave me her name and contact info. Woohoo! It can't hurt to send my resume over to her, right? It's all about who you know in this world!
2 years ago








2 comments:
Congrats on making a good connection! I'm working for a law publication in Florida right now and with all of the reading of court cases I think maybe I should just go to law school! I don't think I would be able to handle that though. :)
Yay for getting a new connection! You just never know who you're going to meet!
Post a Comment