We have had the most fabulous fall weekend!!! Friday afternoon C and I went out to Linvilla Orchards to pick ourselves a pumpkin for carving. We also got some locally made apple butter and candy corns!!! Saturday morning we woke up and (after the plunger fiasco) made pancakes and ate them with our yummy apple butter. Then as I told you in the last post we headed out to Bucks County to visit with family. We spent the night at his grandparents house and I had to sleep in the creepiest little room because all the bedrooms were full. I am the smallest so I actually semi-volunteered for the room I had because the bed was made for about a six year old. But I guess when I volunteered it was only to be nice and I had half hoped that someone would respond with a "No, no Danna we wouldn't let you do that!" Sheesh!! Anyhow, I got through the night and only ended up with a slightly stiff back.
This morning we ate a tradition Pennsylvania breakfast: eggs and Scrapple!! Have any of you had Srapple? I think it is the most disgusting food EVER. C's whole family loves it so I usually just end up sucking it up and having some, but it seriously is the worst. A step down from hot dogs. I think it's made from everything that didn't make it into the hot dog. Ew!
After breakfast we visited New Hope, Pennsyvlaniva, a pretty little town right on the Delaware River. The people you see there are absolutely intriguing. Let me paint the picture. The downtown area is filled with gay people and bikers. I am not joking. It is too funny to see the two cultures coexisting in a quaint little downtown area. Half of the boutiques sell hippie sweaters and incense, the other half sell leather pants and chaps. Again, I'm not kidding. We had lunch outside (we had to eat outside because C's grandparents will not travel without their spoiled, overweight yorkie) and we had prime seats for people watching. The highlight of the day was definitely when we saw this man riding his motorcycle with a little side car, and inside the sidecar was his english bulldog riding shotgun!!! But it doesn't end there because the doggie was also wearing motorcycle goggles! Hahaha! It was the cutest thing I have ever seen. And you KNOW my love for english bulldogs! I regret to say we did not get a picture :/
Tomorrow my morning classes are cancelled. I have nothing until 3:40! How sweet is that?
Until then,
2 years ago








8 comments:
Glad that you had fun. New Hope is a fun place You should also visit Stockton and Lambertiville-the New Jersey towns on the other size of the bridge.
I'm orginally from (and moving back to) Schuylkill County, PA....and I 100% agree...my family loves scrapple, but I think it is the nastiest stuff on earth...who he comes up with stuff like that?
What a fun weekend!
I'm originally from 20 mins south of philly, right over the line into Delaware...so I am familiar with scrapple. I don't think I've ever actually eaten it though. Doesn't really appeal to me!
Have a good week!
Yay for good weekends! And that's awesome about your classes being cancelled, I love when that happens!
i miss law school! so much fun :)
Glad you had a great weekend!!! Let's hope for a great work/school week too!
I wish I had some classes get cancelled ;)
Sounds like an awesome weekend!!
glad you had a fun weekend! come enter my fun whitney english giveaway! xoxo KAG
Post a Comment