Thursday, October 29, 2009

Bowling Fail

Last night C and I attempted a date night at the bowling alley, but when we got there it was so crowded that we couldn't even get a lane! This annoyed us very much since we had made sure to call ahead and ask what time open bowling would start, and the man over the phone assured us that 8:00 would be okay. When we arrived around 8:00, the man then told us that open bowling wouldn't be available until 9:30. Argh!! Isn't that annoying? I guess we should have known it would be like that, though, since the Phillies/Yankees game was on. I imagine that basically every establishment serving alcohol in the Philadelphia area was overcrowded and crazy all night.



So we returned home and ended up getting a movie On Demand. We obviously wanted a scary one so we narrowed it down to Friday the 13th (I've never seen it!) and that new movie The Orphan. We ended up going with The Orphan. It was weird and pretty bad, but aren't all scary flicks these days? I wasn't as much scared as I was creeped out throughout the whole thing. It had a strange twist at the end, which bumps it up a few points automatically for me. Love an unexpected twist!

If you're looking for a new scary movie to check out on Halloween, I would say go with this one but don't expect it to be a groundbreaking piece of cinema. Also, you will most likely hate the husband in the film. I sure did!! By the middle of the movie I told C that I actually wished Esther would just kill him. Hahah! He was seriously a jerk though.

What are your favorite scary movies for Halloween? Let's hear em! :)

4 comments:

Annemarie said...

First time at your blog- just love it! Scary movies usually leave me terrified, so I rarely watch them, but I actually remember wanting to see this one over the summer when it came out! I think I will take your suggestion and rent it this weekend! Looking forward to reading more of your posts XOXO

J said...

You have never seen Friday the 13th? THE HORROR! You must. My favorites are STILL the Nightmare on Elm Street Movies, The Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Silence of the Lambs (not horror really but definitely awesome), Se7en, and Halloween.

Jazz Virtue said...

I saw this a few months back, in the cinema..I really wasn't sure what to make of it..it was such a weird idea for a film, and the pidgeon bit was pretty disgusting. I also think that the little deaf girl was far too cute to be in such a weird film! I really like your blog by the way, interesting reads :)

prashant said...

Scary movies usually leave me terrified, so I rarely watch them, but I actually remember wanting to see this one over the summer when it came out! I think I will take your suggestion and rent it this weekend! Work From Home