
Wait, these women are plus sized? I'm the same size as most of them! Regardless of my constant criticism of my own body, i wouldn't really consider myself to be "plus sized." I must admit, this whole thing makes me laugh a bit.
I do, however, commend Glamour's efforts to address the situation at all. Cindi Leive, editor-in-chief ofGlamour has recently said the following of Glamour's goals in regard to the whole plus/normal sized fiasco:
So maybe there is some sanity left in the world. I just hope Leive means business. Glamour has definitely shown itself to be one of the most down-to-earth publications in terms of body image. It published these photos of 20-year-old "plus sized" model Lizzi Miller showing her belly in its September issue this year:


Hmm... All I see here is a gorgeous woman!
Photos [Gawker.com], [Glamour.com]








16 comments:
It is amazing how much sizes and shapes have changed over the last twenty years Miss LP&G, it seems many are finally getting tired of the continued adoration of unattainable and unhealthy body shapes and sizes.
Love this post! And congrats on starting the shred again, good for you!
tp
wow i can't believe that!!
I agree 100%! Well said, you & Ellen!
Wow. I remember seeing those photos of Marilyn Monroe that Lindsay Lohan redid - the nude set - and it was obvious she would in no way be getting those done today, and she was so beautiful! You should take care of your body and be healthy, sure, but the media's standards today are so unrealistic.
I am so happy to see this!! I blogged about this article earlier for tomorrows post :) I absolutely do not thing a size 6 is plus size!!! gorgeous girls!
I just saw this article on MSN the other day, I think it's great that magazines are making more of an effort to find more relatable models but a little concerned they consider them to be plus-sized. I understand that by modeling world standards they're far larger than average, but most of these women look like they might wear an 8 or 10. I doubt you'd find those sizes in the plus size department!
I like those Lizzi Miller pictures. They're not airbrushed to death and they bear some resemblance to how most women look. She's gorgeous, too!
I'm definitely going through the same thing! i LOVE that picture.
The media's view of beauty is completely jacked up. I am a size 6on the bottom and a 4 up top. People all the time tell me I'm little, not Rachel Zoe little, but that I look healthy and am not overweight by any means. It's just that society has made us feel that only a size 00-2 is acceptable beauty. I just want to be back down to a size 4. Outlooks on weight have become very misconstrued. Don't worry. I'm sure you look fine!
As a guy who has an affinity for women of rubenesque proportions, I was quite excited to read this post.
From what I saw though, Im a little disapointed with Glamour for what they consider to plus size...or whatever term they care to use. But it is nice to see a trend leaning towards a healthier look rather than emaciated crack addict!
I'll be most happy when they start featuring some of the hot models in the 14-20 size range myself.
As an asside...the hottest thing a woman can wear regardless of size, is the hottest thing a guy can wear too. A sense of self confidence.
Put that on a sexy plus sized girl and I would marry her any day! (Oh wait...already did :) )
A size 6 is plus size now? Wow, then I'm plus-plus size. I don't care for that concept at all.
Don't you just love Ellen? I want her to come live with me so I can hear her commentary on every move I make in life. And even when it gets annoying, it'll still be funny!
Thank you so much for posting this!! It's scary to think that women who are a size 8 or 10 are considered plus size.
My whole adult life I have been a size 14 or bigger am I am okay with that. I love life and happen to love my body (including the extra pounds) I wish more clothing designers would design more for the real woman today. No matter what your waist size is, if you are confident and happy, that's beauty to me.
I love reading your blog, I hope you have a great weekend and keep the great post's coming!
If there considered plus size then I'm obese! I def. don't think a size 6 is 'plus sized'.
What a great post!
That's the kinda plus size I want to be...lol
Great post -
Love,
Kelly
I think this is such a fabulous post. It drives me nuts to hear/see on t.v what "plus sized" is considered to be. All women are beautiful regardless of their size...if they are beautiful on the inside!
I really think this is a wonderful post with information for all!
I've always been a fan of plus-size models! There's a great site with many images of plus-size models here:
http://www.judgmentofparis.com/
They're all gorgeous.
The site's forum also has thought-provoking discussions about body image and the media.
Post a Comment