I do realize, however, that I have no one to blame but myself. I eat junk food and I rarely work out. For the first few weeks of law school I just kept rationalizing that I didn't need to work out. That it was understandable, because I had so much going on. Well, here I am, ten pounds later and feeling terrible about myself. I could have called that one.
Well I can't live like this anymore. It's time for me to make a change, folks! There is a very distinct correlation between my mood and my fitness, and I just can't stand being down in the dumps anymore. So I'm starting Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred today (again!) but this time I'm seriously going to stick with it. C is even going to do it with me!! If that's not love, then what is? :)
For those of you who have never tried the 30 day shred, check out this video clip:








12 comments:
I did the 30 day shred for a good month at least 5 times a week and some days I did it 2 and 3 times and I didn't see a change.
I hope it works better for you! I have seen results now that I bike, though!
I would love to try this! Although I lack the necessary equipment and my student card hasn't been activated yet so purchasing dumbbells with it is a bit out of the question...do they truly make a difference and is there an alternative?
I admire your motivation, it's truly inspiring as there are days where I feel the exact same way!
Good luck xo
I gained 25 pounds during college and 15 pounds during the first three semesters of law school. BRUTAL.
At Christmas this year I decided it was time for it to STOP. It's really hard to work out during law school. It's also hard to eat right in law school... all we have around school is CRAP to eat. There is almost NOTHING as far as something healthy to eat. I swear to God if I eat Subway one more time I'm going to scream. Add to that the fact that all of my friends are 5 feet tall and 98 pounds, I understand your frustrations.
But you've decided to put a stop to it now... It took me til halfway through second year to get ahold of myself. And it's easier to study and be a good student when you're healthy. Trust me. GOOD LUCK!
Good for you for taking the initiative!! That's the first step. You will do great, you've got the determination and the motivation. You will thank yourself at the end of those 30 days, I'm sure!
I remember that feeling when I was in college and put on more than 20 lbs. I found that my senior year, when I made being healthy a bigger commitment by going to the gym twice a week and trying to cook better, my grades were much better and my energy level was a lot higher. Good luck!
Good luck! I keep wanting to start, but know I can't commit for the 30 days, hopefully soon!
Girl, I feel your pain. I gained about 15lbs in undergrad and grad and had lost it all last year after some hard work. But then, I met LC and well I'm 15lbs heavier. I'm going to buy the 30 day shred when we get in our house and settled and the end of the month. Keep us updated. I've heard it works!!!
I need to pop Jillian back in the DVR myself...the last time she almost killed me though so I am a little hesitant.
Hey girl!! You can do it. I so know what you are going through. I'm about to add the Shred to my workout plan as well. But I don't think I can just do that because it's only about a 20 minute work out. Which I fear isn't enough to burn the calories I need! I'd add it to running or some other activity! Goodluck! and we are here for you!
I love Jillian Michaels! I did the 30 day shred before my wedding to get in shape. I love her workouts on there, they really do kick your butt. Then the next next month I added on "Work Out" with...Ohh I forget her name from that tv show.
Picking one of the levels on 30 day shred and then one of the specific (arms, core, and lower body) workouts on "Work Out" I really toned up!
Good Luck! And keep us updated!
I am right there with you.. what I am eating and the amount that I work out TOTALLY impacts my mood and how I feel about myself. I need to get my stuff in order as well. I have the Shred just need to pop it in! Best wishes!
I bought this dvd at Target yesterday, and I am going to start it in the morning. I can't wait! I've heard wonderful things about it!
Post a Comment