Monday, September 7, 2009

A Non-Law School Post (Finally)


This weekend, C and I were out celebrating our four year anniversary (dating, not marriage obviously hehe). As we walked from the car to the restaurant we saw this ADORABLE Lilly Pulitzer Jeep. Obviously C's reaction was, "What is it like, limited edition or something?" Haha...typical boy! It is soooo much more than limited edition!! How fabulous is it? I want, I want!


But on to the real reason for this post: Our anniversary weekend celebration! Friday night we had dinner at A La Maison in Armore (see picture above). We ate outside, which always makes for a romanic dinner. We had escargots and a caprese salad for our appetizers, and of course we both ordered the steak frites for entree. The restaurant is about two miles away from our apartment, in the little downtown area that I have absolutely fallen in love with since moving here! The area is so adorable, with lots of boutiques and bars. Perfect for a fun loving shopaholic like me! There's also Suburban Square, which is a dangerously tempting pedestrian-only shopping area, also located a few blocks from our apartment.

Saturday morning we woke up super early (okay, 8:00) and got ready to head to the Philadelphia Zoo. I have some great pictures from that visit, which I am going to upload in an edit to this post once I can get on C's computer for a bit. The zoo was LOTS of fun! My favorite animals to see were the lions and the gorillas. The gorillas behave so similarly to humans, it's amazing to watch them playing and interacting.

Sunday we continued our eventful weekend with a visit to the Philadelphia Museum of Art. It was okay. I won't lie, I didn't love it. When we visited Paris a few years ago I truly LOVED going to the Louvre, but mostly my enjoyment stemmed from the fact that we had learned about all the pieces we were seeing. The Louvre was more historical than anything. I didn't know many of the pieces in the Philadelphia museum, so it wasn't that exciting to see them. I guess I'm not as "into" art as I thought I was! Oh well.

Hope you all had a fabulously relaxing but fun Labor Day weekend. I sure did! I look forward to reading your updates as the week goes on!

xx

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you had a great weekend celebrating your anniversary! Sounds like it was fun!

Mrs. Hanson said...

Sounds like a perfect celebration weekend! Congrats on 4 years! :)

Anonymous said...

Your weekend sounds great! Happy anniversary to you two!

Kell said...

congrats on 4 years! what a great dinner it sounds like you guys had :) i love caprese salad.. wish my boyfriend did, too!!!! he'd have been all about the steaks, though :)

xoxo

LWLH said...

Glad you had a great time and happy anniversary : )

Unknown said...

Sounds like a wonderful anniversary celebration! Your dinner orders sound exactly like what Husby and I order from our favorite French restaurant.

Beth Dunn said...

I lived in Ardmore before I was married. It was so fun there! Happy anniversary. xoxo

Heather @ Simple Wives said...

Sounds like a wonderful time! :)

Kate said...

Sounds like the perfect anniversary weekend :)

Kristen said...

Ooooooooh... I love that Jeep!!

Lesli said...

Oh, my gosh, how cute is that Jeep!!