Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Halloween Excitement!



I absolutely LOVE this time of year!

What are you all doing for halloween? Are you dressing up? If you are past the age of drunken costume parties, what are your plans? Please share! :) I love hearing about creative desserts and activities for the season.

C and I have discussed our plans for Halloween night and we decided that we would be most happy staying home and watching a scary movie together. Oh my goodness, are we getting old? Yes. We're both so burnt out that lately it's the small things like quiet, non-work-consumed evenings that we seem to enjoy the most.

We are, however, attending a law school event at one of the local bars on the Thursday before Halloween. I refuse to buy an overpriced, skanky costume from one of those costume stores or websites. That was me in the past, but this year I'm being frugal and conservative! Ha! Imagine that. I was thinking of going with an old stand by, either a "walk of shame" or Tom Cruise in Risky Business. Two of the easiest and most recognized costumes ever.

What do you think? Do you have any other fun (and cheap) costume ideas? I really enjoy any type of social commentary/pop culture costume. I hear Kate Gosselin is going to be a popular costume this year. Poor woman. Imagine people dressing up like you for Halloween? Just terrifying.

16 comments:

Gracie Beth said...

If I do anything for halloween I want to be Marie Antoinette.

carrie1 said...

The BF and I are going as 1920 Flapper and Gangster... fairly easy. =)

That Kate Gosselin wig is hilarious!

GingerSnap said...

Hubby and I are probably going to be pretty low key this year too! Although last year we dressed up as a Pinata and a birthday girl. It was so fun! I got to hit him all night with the pinata stick and he threw candy! So fun :)

Leslie @ A Blonde Ambition said...

Haha! I kind of feel bad for Kate (only a little), but hey, with a haircut like that, she's askin' for it! : )

I'm planning on going as a preppy golfer! I've got the pink argyle sweater vest, pink and chrome golf clubs, a pink houndstooth print golf hat and knee socks in (you guessed it) PINK!!

Unknown said...

That is too funny! You could always be a nurse in scrubs!

Lindsay said...

haha that wig rocks! I want to be lady gaga, but with more clothing... which is hard, so now I'm leaning towards Elpheba from Wicked so I can paint my face green!

DietCokeStraightUp said...

I'm going to be Dorothy Gail from the Wizard of Oz! Check out my post! I listed my favorite things for Halloween! I'm throwing a big party this year!

Blair @ Reasonably Swanky said...

That Kate G. wig cracks me up!

Anonymous said...

oh my goodness, the kate g. costume cracked me up! That hair style.... *shudder*. My law school has a HUGE blowout halloween party, so I'm looking forward to that! R and I are going to be thing 1 and thing 2 :) haha

Stacey said...

I'm a 1L too and believe me, after weeks of determining reliance damages, attractive nuisance and adverse possession, I am VERY much looking forward to our SBA Halloween party (and I usually hate Halloween...but I love booze, so it all works out). I convinced my guy friends to dress up as a fake boy band called "barely legal" and the girls and I are going as their fangirls. We went as far as to make tour tee shirts. Lame?, maybe. Hilarious?, probably. Better than studying property? definitely.

Meg said...

I'm going as a hippie chick. I'm tie-dying a shirt and bandana. I have peace sign earrings. I made a blonde wig. I got some hippie lookin shoes. Should be good.

Prissy Southern Prep said...

My plans consist of taking my little boy trick or treating and then celebrating my mom's birthday, because she was born on Halloween!

Unknown said...

I love your blog, so cute! I am officially a new follower!

Kate said...

A friend of a friend had a great Angelina Jolie costume (included a doll on her back, etc) that I want to recreate. I think I am going to Vegas for Halloween but a quiet night in sounds fun!

gina said...

My sister and her friends are not yet beyond the age of drunken costume parties and they are all in their early thirties.- in fact they rent a hall and dj- it's a big deal and come up with some great costume ideas sometimes. This year my sister has the bright idea to go as a roller derby girl- yes, with skates. This is the same woman who broke her wrist a few years back, falling down drunk while NOT on skates. I'm not sure she is thinking this through. :)

prashant said...

Although last year we dressed up as a Pinata and a birthday girl How to make a website