I went home last night and just went on a MISSION to pack up everything I have in my apartment. I didn't quite pack up everything, but I put a pretty good dent in the job! Actually this morning I was looking for my flat iron and realized I packed it already. I guess I got a little pack-happy!
So remember I told you yesterday my boss invited me to dinner to say goodbye before I move? Well, it turns out he has to make an emergency trip down to his Florida house today. Something about a $35,000 roofing job gone wrong and lots of stress? Anyhow, we have rescheduled to a Wednesday or Thursday afternoon lunch this week! I have to say, I am relieved at that, first because I was stressing over the technicalities involved in a dinner with an older man (lol I'm so immature) and two because WE ALL KNOW WHAT TUESDAY MEANS FOR ME!
WING NIGHT AND BLUE MOON PITCHERS AT THE ABBEY! Duh. So now my Tuesday night is free! I have officially threatened everyone I know in Rhode Island to be present for my farewell dinner/drinks tonight, or lose me as a friend forever! Kidding.
The next few days will be high stress for sure, so drinks and fun with friends tonight is definitely in order....
2 years ago








9 comments:
Don't stress-- enjoy your last few days!
I agree! Enjoy your time left there;)
I know how you feel! I totally needed some drinks while I was moving
ah, you live in rhode island? i went to high school in rhode island!
I totally hear ya about the anxiety of one-on-one time with an older man. Last week I went to a deposition with a partner at my firm...he's probably like 45-50. Afterwards we went to dinner and I was so nervous! It turned out to be really fun though and I'm so glad I decided to go!
Dinner with an older man can be complicated! I go out sometimes with my Dad and we get the meanest looks from people! The waitress usually gives us attitude too...that is until I say "oh it's father/daughter night" - and then it's a whole different story!
So, I read your post while I'm fixing dinner, and you don't know how much hungrier you just made me when you mentioned wing night and Blue Moon pitchers! Yum!
Great blog! Please check out my fashion and lifestyle blog at www.andeelayne.blogspot.com follow mine as i will yours! xo
Glad the whole dinner/lunch thing worked out for you!
Have fun with your friends tonight! :)
Post a Comment