Sunday, August 9, 2009

Pray For Noah



This morning I was reading through blogs and I came upon Noah's Road, where I read about baby Noah Whitmer. Noah was shaken by his daycare provider and stayed in the pediatric intensive care unit for months, in and out of comas, until he was finally able to return home to his loving family. However, the Whitmers are inundated with doctors appointments and therapy to make sure Noah heals as quickly and as best as possible. The level of brain damage is not yet determinable, and doctors are saying his eyesight will also be affected from the trauma. I am overcome with sadness reading about Noah's story and his parents' struggle to see him heal.

Erin Whitmer, Noah's mother, posts frequently on her blog about Noah's progress. One of her recent posts was so touching I just had to share a part of it with you:

"What matters is that instead of mourning my baby, I am drunk on this insatiable love I have for him. I am cherishing him more than I ever dreamed possible, which is amazing because before he was shaken, I loved him so much it literally made my heart ache."

The Whitmers are currently dealing with court proceedings, working with a prosecutor to bring the daycare provider to justice. A trail is set to begin some time around Noah's first birthday this November. Everyone please take some time and head over to Noah's Road to send along your thoughts and prayers to the Whitmer family. They need every bit of love they can get through this very difficult time in their lives.

7 comments:

GingerSnap said...

What a horrible story! I hope that Noah's family gets that stupid daycare provider...what a horrible thing to do to a baby! I hope Noah recovers!

LWLH said...

Bless his little heart! : )
He'll be in my prayers and I hope that daycare worker gets the book thrown at her!

bananas. said...

this makes me so sad and upset especially since it could've been avoided. i will pray for little noah :(

Louise Viray said...

Why, oh why are there people such as that daycare provider who shake up poor, innocent babies?

I'll pray for the little boy, I'll also include his parents who would need the miracle of God at this moment of time. :)

Jenell : BlakIzBeautyful said...

OMG!

What could make someone harm a baby.... I dont care how loud he cries, show him love.

God be with Noah


Please come check out my blog
Me & My Ego
www.jenellybean.blogspot.com
Join my blog and follow me!

Her Preppiness said...

What a horrible story

The Preppy Princess said...

We are a little bit familiar with this one, and we're so happy to see you share it with all of your wonderful readers.

Hope you have a splendid rest of the week Miss LP&G!
tp