I just got back from lunch with my boss. It was sooo good!! I'm actually a little bit tipsy as I write this. In the spirit of celebration we kept ordering Amstel Lights with our lunch. Mmmm!! But anyway, we went to
Luxe, which is basically a burger place but it's on the more upscale side I suppose. You can even build your own burger!! I went pretty traditional but some of the combinations we saw were just crazy. My boss kept joking about how he said I could pick any restaurant in Providence and I chose a burger place. But I just wanted something laid back, I didn't want anything fancy. When we got back from lunch, the girls in my office had a DELICIOUS Tiramisu cake from
Pastiche waiting for me. YUM! The tiramisu was deadly but amazing!!! Here's a pic from my blackberry (excuse the fuzziness, you can thank the 2mp camera for that one!):

It is very bittersweet to be leaving my job and moving out of Rhode Island. I love my job, I love my friends and I really love living in this state. There's so much personality to Rhode Island, I just fell in love with it the secnod I got here. I hope one day I can return here to live and start a family and all that, but we'll see how that goes. I'm trying to just embrace this as my next adventure and stop worrying about exactly what's in store. I'm excited to move in with C and I'm definitely excited to start my next chapter in life. But it's so uncertain and new that I can't help but feel a little anxious. I guess I just need to stop stressing and EMBRACE THE UNCERTAINTY as they say.
10 comments:
What a fun (though bittersweet) day! I won't tell you not to be nervous because it won't do any good and I'd be nervous, too! I will tell you not to let the fear take over - enjoy your adventure, Danna. These are the days we're going to be looking BACK at in a few decades :-)
What great day and fun thing for your boss and coworkers to do for you!
Cheesy cliche: But when one door closes another one opens, and I'm sure you'll have many more adventures to write about.
I'm glad your lunch went fab! Just think, you're about to start a new chapter in your life. It's scary but amazing all at the same time=)
Glad you enjoyed your special lunch!! And how sweet they got you such a tasty looking cake! Law school is a bit crazy amd intimidating at first... but it's an amazing journey and you will do awesome!!
What a fun day with it being your last day! You can tell you will be greatly missed. You never know what the future will hold for you and I bet it will be special and even bigger than you imagined!!
Cake looks AMAZING!
What a fabulously fun last day!!! You have such an amazing future ahed of you, embrace it!
Oh good Miss LP&G, I'm so happy it went well, and I love that you picked a burger place, albeit an upscale establishment.
And the cake looks absolutely fabulous, yumalicious!
Hope your weekend is going well!
tp
Just came across your blog and looks like you have an adventure upon you -- good luck with it all!!
Wow that all sounds delious! I wish you luck with everything! It will prob all work out and be amazing :)
Post a Comment