Saturday, July 18, 2009

Baby You Can Drive My Car...



I CAN NOT EVEN TELL YOU how good Paul McCartney's performance was!!!! Best concert I've ever been to by far. His performance was electrifying (yes I just said that), which is even more impressive because of his age! I am like still giddy over the whole thing. And to think I was indecisive about whether or not I wanted to go at all. My goodness! I am certainly glad I went. If you ever have a chance to get to one of his concerts, my advice is do not miss it!! Here is one of the news articles I found about the performance.

It's hard to pick a favorite song because they were all so great, but if I had to choose I would say Let It Be was my favorite. It was very moving to see that song performed live. Definitely a very cool part of the night was when BILLY JOEL came out to sing "I Saw Her Standing There" with Paul! Everyone was so excited, especially because there had been sOo many rumors about who would come out for a guest appearance. He always has someone! Billy Joel was an awesome addition to the night.

Here is the setlist from the performance:

Drive My Car / Jet / Only Mama Knows / Flaming Pie / Got To Get You Into My Life / Let Me Roll It/Purple Haze / Highway / The Long and Winding Road / My Love / Blackbird / Here Today / Dance Tonight / Calico Skies / Mrs. Vanderbilt / Eleanor Rigby / Sing the Changes / Band on the Run / Back in the U.S.S.R. / I’m Down / Something / I’ve Got a Feeling / Paperback Writer / A Day in the Life/Give Peace a Chance / Let It Be / Live and Let Die / Hey Jude

ENCORES: Day Tripper / Lady Madonna / I Saw Her Standing There (with Billy Joel) / Yesterday / Helter Skelter / Get Back / Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band/The End


Also, not only did I get to see a Beatle perform live quite possibly for one of his last tours ever, but I also got to see the first ever concert in the new Mets baseball field. Interesting fact to go along with this? The Beatles were the first ever musicians to play in the old Shea Stadium in 1965. Pretty cool!

All in all it was an UNFORGETTABLE experience and I would not have changed one single thing about the evening. We all had such a blast dancing and singing. My throat is a little hoarse today, and I have a horrifying hang over today, so the rest of my night will consist of chinese food take out & my newly downloaded season two of Gossip Girl!!!

I hope everyone is enjoying the weekend!!!

PHOTO: Paul McCartney at Citi Field from Associated Press.

6 comments:

GingerSnap said...

It sounds like you had a blast! I wish I could go to a concert right now...or outside...damn Bar.

GingerSnap said...

It sounds like you had a blast! I wish I could go to a concert right now...or outside...damn Bar.

The Mothership Abroad said...

Thats awesome - glad you enjoyed it!

Mrs. Hanson said...

That is sooo cool! I'm glad you went and enjoyed it! :)

Enjoy GG!

Tickled Pink And Green said...

Oh I need to tell Midnight Madras (www.midnightmadras.blogspot.com) about this because she is a Paul McCartney fanatic!!

LOVE your blog name. So clever. :)

the Preppy Princess said...

What a wonderful night Miss LP&G, thank you for telling us about it, and for sharing the set list. A night to remember, too fab!
tp