
Most of you might already know that my summer job is working as a secretary in a downtown law firm. Well, eating lunch can get pretty expensive, especially when the ridiculously overpriced Au Bon Pain salad bar manages to lure me in.
So lately I've been getting Lean Cuisines microwaveable meals. At first I was skeptical of these little frozen boxes! My thoughts were, only the older, perpetually (perhaps obsessively) dieting women in my office eat these things. How tasty can they be? Well, as it usually goes with prior judgements, I was wrong!
THESE THINGS ARE YUMMY! I've tried many different flavors, and I'll tell you some are not so good (stay away from the chophouse steak flatbread melt!) But there are many that are soo yummy AND filling! My favorites are BBQ Chicken Pizza, Herb Roasted Chicken (see above!), Chicken Spinach & Mushroom Panini, and Alfredo Pasta with Chicken & Broccoli. With around 6-7 grams of fat each, and what more could you want for $2 a meal? It beats the hell out of spending $9 at the ABP salad bar.
It's scary how long I could go on talking about frozen microwaveable food. I'll just leave you with this, if you're looking for a new way to have lunch, while being healthy and saving money, try these. There are lots of meal options AND usually the grocery stores will have promotions on them like 5 for $10 or something.








9 comments:
I think I lived off of these at the DA's office. And the fact that there was a line of attorney's waiting at the micro every day to nuke their lean cuisine meals frightened me. Eating in to save some $ or calories, totally okay. Eating in because they never left their desk....horrifying.
I always take these kind of things to work its way cheaper..
These days I definitely live of lean cuisine. I'll have to try that bbq chicken pizza.
I love the paninis as well as the chicken enchiladas sucia.
I love Lean Cuisine frozen meals!! I take them to work for lunch and it's great.
liliesandgrapes.blogspot.com
I like the Thai chicken and rice and the flatbreads! They're really good! The chicken parm isn't bad either.
Oh, and no sweat about the picture! I really really love your new page and I might just need to invest in a blog makeover now!
I like the Thai chicken and rice and the flatbreads! They're really good! The chicken parm isn't bad either.
Oh, and no sweat about the picture! I really really love your new page and I might just need to invest in a blog makeover now!
You've got to try the cheddar broccoli potato one. It is so good!!
OMG. I love them! And feel the same way about the ladies at work that are always eating them! But they are good and cheap! My fav is the Chicken Club panini!
Post a Comment