Friday, July 24, 2009

Things That Show My Heart

I love love love these things. Ok, so here's how it goes:

The rules: "With as much creativity as you can muster, show your heart in: a picture, a poem, a song (or piece of music), a phrase (or quote), an item of clothing, a place, and (just for fun) a Disney princess. If you want to join in, tag six more blogs."

A Picture:


This picture was taken our freshman year in college at Brad's, one of our regular bars :) I love that he's kissing me on the forehead. I think it's the most adoring thing someone can do!



A Poem:

If there is to be peace in the world,
There must be peace in the nations.

If there is to be peace in the nations,
There must be peace in the cities.

If there is to be peace in the cities,
There must be peace between neighbors.

If there is to be peace between neighbors,
There must be peace in the home.

If there is to be peace in the home,
There must be peace in the heart.

-Lao-Tse



A Song:



"Shelter" by Ray LaMontagne. This is such a BEAUTIFUL song. Maybe it will be my wedding song one day? hehe



A Quote:

"People are always blaming their circumstances for what they are. I don't believe in circumstances. The people who get on in this world are the people who get up and look for the circumstances they want, and if they can't find them, make them." -George Bernard Shaw



An Item of Clothing:


FLIP FLOPS! I have so many pairs, I wear them almost all year long, and I think they describe me perfectly, fun and comfortable!



A Place:


The Long Wharf in Boston! This place is very special to C and me. We always go here ("our spot") when we're walking around Boston. It's this little dock area where we just sit and talk, looking at the water and the boats. I will always, always love the wharf and our memories there.



A Disney Princess:


OBVIOUSLY I had to pick Belle. She's my favorite! Did you see that one coming? lol :)


*TAGGED*
Jenny at Lucky In Love
Miss Type A at In Good Faith
Brandi at Life of a Small Town Girl
Mrs. Newlywed at Misadventures of a Newlywed
The Northerner at Always a Northerner
Muffy at Muffy Martini

I hope everyone has a lovely weekend. I'll be at home visiting my parents. I can't BELIEVE I'm moving almost 8 hours away in just a few short weeks. I try to get home to visit as much as I can now, because I know the visits during law school will only be on holidays or special occasions.

My mom has been basically living at the beach on the weekends lately and she wants me to join her beach bum lifestyle this weekend. Unfortunately it looks like more rain for New England! YUCK.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is SO cute:) I love all your answers!

MLD said...

I absolutely LOVE Ray LaMontagne. His voice is so soothing!

Ashley said...

SO cute! I love the things you love! Thanks for sharing that with us! :)

Law and Fashion said...

Great blog! I'm a law student as well (3L at a law school in Cali)--it's always fun to read blogs of fellow law student!

KRISTEN'S PALACE said...

sooo cute girl! and i love your layout!! have a great weekend.

. said...

Oh, I LOOOOOVE kisses on the forehead. It's one of my favorite things.

Kristen said...

What a fun game... and all of your answers are great. That picture of you two is so sweet. I need to get better at taking pictures of Jason and I- I think after almost 2 years we have about 4 pictures of us together.

Mrs. Hanson said...

Cuet pic of you two!!! :) I love the wharf too!!! :) Boston is my favorite city, hands down!!!!!!

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

I'm with you on the flops. I have a ridiculous amount of them!

Anonymous said...

those flip-flops are to DIE for; ♥

( AshaBabyx ]