Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Craigslist is so AWKWARD.

I have some furniture listed on Craigslist, which compeltely creeps me out BUT I can't pass up making money on all the extra furniture that I won't be taking with me to PA next month. SO, my good friend J is coming over this afternoon while we wait for the guy who is coming to buy a desk from me. I googled his name (obviously) and it turns out he works at Brown University (his e-mail is @brown.edu), and he seems normal. So we're putting the desk out on my front porch and when he comes we're going to be outside waiting. And the front door will stay locked, under no circumstances is he coming in the house. Do you think I should be worried about this encounter? How do innocent girls conduct business on Craigslist in a safe way? I think I'm being pretty cautious. What do you think?

Then once all the weirdness is over and done with, we're going to make these yummy concoctions:



And go out for this perfect combination:



So, all in all we can expect a night of fun & a hangover in the morning! Nothing an asiago cheese bagel from Au Bon Pain won't be able to fix. Yay :) Until tomorrow then.

12 comments:

RCaitlin said...

Awww what a lovely evening you have planned. I know what you mean about craigslist. It sounds like you should be perfectly fine with the precautions you've taken though!

. said...

I totally understand about the whole craigslist thing, but as long as you don't meet him alone and don't let him in your house, it should be totally fine. And you already have a friend coming and you're locking your front door, so I'm pretty sure you should be ok. Let us know how it goes!

liliesandgrapes.blogspot.com

Brown Girl said...

OOO, yum those look good! My boyfriend loves wings, he almost loves them too much. ;)

Ashley said...

Youre going to have a fabulous evening! Don't worry about the Craigslist dude! As long as you stay outside, have a buddy, and keep the doors locked...its an easy way to make some money! Good luck!

GingerSnap said...

I sold my computer on Craig's list while I was in college. I just had my boyfriend over while the guy came to pick it up. Nothing happened...rather uneventful. I think you'll be fine!

Mrs. Hanson said...

Yay! I'm glad your taking precaution's. Craigslist freaks me out now because of the Craigslist killer, so creepy!! Ugh.

Enjoy the margaritas and wings, yum-o!

Needs Help said...

I know what you mean about craigslist. I've thought about listing some stuff on craigslist and I think if I do then I'll have the person meet me at my storage unit and have either my brother or a guy friend with me. you never can be too careful, thats good you're going to have the door locked. I've had some friends that have had some good luck.

The margaritas and wings look delish :)

Belle- Pink Cupcake said...

I have sold plenty of times and I totally understand! I sold something to a guy who was a professor at harvard! I have sold a bunch of things and everyone I have come accross is extrememly nice and very polite about personal space, not going in your house, etc. You can always lie a bit and if he's on the creapy side you can say something like "oh, we brought it outside because my boyfriend is on a conference call inside and we didnt want to disturb him" or something clever. Haha

Laura @ The Steen Style said...

Those pictures made me drool!!!! YUM.

Good luck with the Craigslist guy. Sounds like you should be fine - way to take precautions!

Lipstick said...

You know I feel the same way about Craig's List...and I have totally been procrastinating selling some furniture. I just need to get over it and do exactly what you did-not be home alone and keep the door locked.

Thank you for stopping by my blog! I am enjoying reading yours-it is super cute!!!

RAW said...

Just stumbled upon your blog!

I think the precautions you took for the Craigslist transaction will keep you safe. I think the majority of people--especially on the furniture section--are legitimate. How'd it go?

Lexilooo said...

just saw your blog and thought I'd say hi!

I agree, just have your bf over when the guy comes and you'll be fine! that is what I'd do, and likely will do when I get rid of my couch at some point in the future!