Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Interior Design Help!

I suck at decorating. I know what I like when I see it, but the problem is that I can't put together design schemes in my mind and make them happen. I just kind of buy a bunch of different thihgs that I like and hope it goes well together. Usually it doesn't So I'm enlisting the help of my readers for the bedroom design in our new apartment!!!

Here's the bedding we have:



And all of our bedroom furniture will be a dark espresso color, from Ikea! What is a good color for the walls? I want something dark and warm. Right now the walls are a light yellow (kind of like the picture above) and I hate, hate it. I don't think it is the right color for a bedroom at all.

All thoughts are VERY MUCH appreciated :)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the bedrooom set!:) I would browse Etsy for paintings in those colors and shades:)!

Lauren @ Dreams Take Flight said...

I love brown and turquoise together lately...I think it can look really classy with the right shade.

GingerSnap said...

I love the idea of turquoise too! I think it's such a nice shade with the brown - you could even throw in some red accessories. So have like a Tiffany blue, red and chocolate. It would be gorgeous!

Here is an example:
http://icroak.files.wordpress.com/2009/07/tiffany-blue-walls.jpg

Erin said...

Oooo. Sitting back and waiting for more people to chime in. I'm Interior Design Challenged as well and love hearing ideas ;-)

I usually find a picture of an entire room I like and "copy" it in my own style (with my own budget, of course).

Sarah Elizabeth said...

A rich golden color would be very beautiful with all the browns, and stay in the same color family. I love rich gold walls anyways though! :)

The Preppy Princess said...

Oooh, what a pretty-sounding room Miss LP&G, it is going to be beautiful! How about a soft salmon color, *not* orange, more peachy...? And the turquoise idea suggested by others is a great option, although blues are generally not considered "warm" colors if that is your goal.

You'll pick a great hue, we know you will!
tp

Kristen said...

Everything suggested would be awesome... turquoise or salmon would be great. I also like shades of blue with brown if you wanted to add some color but nothing too flashy. Also, here (http://www.decorpad.com/photos/2008/05/13/57ba7e0168ab.jpg) is a link to a room with dark espresso furniture. The walls and white accents look so rich and elegant. Good luck!

Anonymous said...

курские студенты порно видео онлайн http://free-3x.com/ малолетку рвут на части free-3x.com/ порно онлайн школьница 5 [url=http://free-3x.com/]free-3x.com[/url]